[ale] Obtaining stable /dev names with changing probe order

attriel attriel at d20boards.net
Thu Aug 26 09:02:49 EDT 2004

> Udev is what you want, it replaces devfs.  I don't know how easy it
> would be to setup on FC2 though.
>
> There are some tips in this thread from a month back:
> http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2004-07/msg00540.html

If you have modules, you could also just make the webcam drivers a module
(or the USB ; anything in that chain, so it can't detect as early as the
video card)

If they use the same driver, udev might work for you.  If you ever have
this problem with SCSI disks, it's time to start building a custom initrd
:/

--attriel