[ale] agetty login delay...

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Tue Aug 24 20:22:17 EDT 2004

Does anyone know where the sleep/delay function that is called when an
invalid password is specified is?

I'm looking at util-linux, and I'm trying to recompile agetty to not
have a ~5 second delay when I type my password in wrong.  I can't seem
to find the delay in the code though.  I timed the delay at 4.05
seconds; but I can't seem to find that in the code.

Does anyone have a line number or any idea where I should look to change
this?  I tried changing the SLEEP_EXIT_TIMEOUT to 0; but no adeu.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

-CB