[ale] The end of my SpeakEasy "installation"...

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Tue Aug 24 16:21:27 EDT 2004

	When it rains it pours people. SpeakEasy is not the company I used to do business with.
As you may know from my previous posting about BellSouth, I ordered new DSL service from
SpeakEasy way back on July 20th and its been one fiasco after another trying to get it installed.
The following is a reply I jst wrote to an email I received from their person who is supposed to
"help" people in my situation. Read his message (at the bottom) first then read mine. I think this is a
textbook case for you MBA types on how to lose a loyal customer forever. Meanwhile, yesterday I
gave up on these buffoons and called my cable company (Charter) to get internet service (no cable
TV - I don't have that kind of free time) activated. I send this message to you over that very
connection that was installed only a few hours ago. I'm still inclined towards a DSL service from
past experiences but I'll give Charter the chance to lose my business before disconnecting them.

	Good luck & pray learn from this miserable experience,

		Ben Scherrey