[ale] Bellsouth's POTS fees...

Alan Dobkin ALE at MaestroIT.com
Sat Aug 21 15:04:01 EDT 2004

FYI, this service is known as Message Rate - Georgia Community Calling
(as opposed to Flat Rate) and is no longer available.  I had it on my
phone line for several years, but once we moved and got a new line,
they wouldn't allow me to sign up for it again.  My understanding is
that if your line is already provisioned that way, you can keep it
(for now), but they will not convert any new or existing lines to it.

For those who want to read all about the official details, see:

http://CPR.BellSouth.com/pdf/ga/a103.pdf

Here is an excerpt:

Georgia Community Calling (Message Rate/Measured Service)

(Obsoleted 08/25/2001 Type 4 for Residence customers. GCC is not
available for new installations or transfers of service to new
locations.)
(Obsoleted 10/13/2002 Type 4 for Business customers. GCC is not
available for new installations or transfers of service to new
locations. Business customers may add lines at present locations.)

Alan

--On Friday, August 20, 2004 7:45 PM -0400 Robert Heaven