[ale] Bellsouth's POTS fees...

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sat Aug 21 07:45:43 EDT 2004

On Friday 20 August 2004 20:16, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 19:57, alelist wrote:
> > And who exactly is responsible for each of those fees?
>
> I don't have the interest or the time in researching that, however (for
> those interested) the data should be readily available assuming that you
> are able to navigate the usual political cruft that surrounds issues
> such as these.
>
> > If you are suggesting that a particular candidate (Democratic /
> > Republican) is responsible, or can remediate such fees, I'd appreciate
> > an explanation.
>
> No, I wasn't suggesting that.  But since you mentioned it, I'd be
> interested in hearing why you would think that either/neither of the
> (presumed) candidates aren't responsible for those taxes.

Since you say either/neither, I suppose you are referring to the pestitential
candidates. In fact, the president has very little to do with all those fees.
Unless there's an option on this year's ballot to dissolve Congress and
disband the FCC, IRS, etc., you really don't have much choice.

Any and every would-be senator and representative is either already in favor
of confiscating every penny possible, or they will be as soon as they get
cozy in Washington.

It's hard to resist. The message they get daily is that they (the Congress
critters) are *so* much smarter and *so* much better informed than their poor
ignorant consituents. Therefore, as Congressmen and women, it's their divine
right to spend other peoples' money in whatever way they see fit.

Irv