[ale] Special Place in Hell Reserved for BellSouth

bim bimmer546 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 20 08:28:17 EDT 2004

--- Benjamin Scherrey <scherrey at proteus-tech.com>
wrote:

> Attached to this email is the text for a problem
> report I have made to SpeakEasy while trying to get
> my new dsl service installed. This is, in fact, the
> service that does not require a BellSouth voice line
<snip></snip>
> PS: You would do well to provide some sort of
> ability for the customer to reply or comment on the
May I suggest:

-sharp letter to the CFO
-complaint to the FCC - it worked for me.

A new number 3 -4 years ago, AllHell was charging me
25c / minute for long distance; instead of 6 or 7
cents. Reason: the number issued to me had been
previously coded by a 3rd party biller (a business had
the number before me, provided by a phone service
re-seller ?). and that it should have been recoded
again prior to being issued to me.

No-one seemed to know how to resolve the computer
system problem. Me: "Hey, it was you who gave me the
number, right!"

My letter to the CFO told him that it was not billing,
but a 'security' issue if such things could happen.
Within a week, a 'Senior Regional Representative"
contacted me... and fixed the problem. My complaint to
the FCC, according to AllHell, "had forced them to
respond" to the FCC.

Oh, the link that you've all been waiting for:
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html

I hope that you get a happy ending too!
bim