[ale] Re: If you're on Bellsouth DSL, I recommend changing providers.

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Aug 18 17:25:39 EDT 2004

[...]

    Pete> Minor correction - use GPG for everything, that way they
    Pete> can't tell if any particular message is important.

True, but you're still vulnerable to traffic analysis (c.f. mentions
of "increased chatter").  The truly paranoid would use something like
mixmaster and/or a constant flow of messages of the same length.

Then again the real threats already know this and are using crypto and
stego, so claiming that port 25 blocking is because Ashcroft wants to
get his hands on your sister's macadamia cookie recipie makes you
sound like a first class member of the tin-foil brigade.