[ale] If you're on Bellsouth DSL, I recommend changing providers.

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Aug 18 12:20:49 EDT 2004

People need to look at this like a traffic light.  It's 2 am in the
morning and you pull up to a red traffic light.  You stop and sit there.
  Why, because it's the law.  Why, because it is protecting you from the
idiots who would not stop if it wasn't there.

Blocking port 25 is protecting you and me from the idiots out there who
don't know better, or who are exploiting it for inappropriate use.

Appreciate it and deal with it.  If you don't know how to deal with it,
then you shouldn't be setting up such services anyway.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                             AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995