[ale] If you're on Bellsouth DSL, I recommend changing providers.

J. Cary Howell chowell at xilogix.com
Wed Aug 18 08:54:11 EDT 2004

Hey all:

According to Bellsouth (response via email attached below) port 25 (they
call it filtering, I call it blocking) will NOT ever be lifted.  It
seems if you want to use anything but Bellsloth's mail server, you're
going to have to change providers.

Here are two providers you may want to consider as alternates. Both have
reported to me that they will not port-block (with the exception of 139-
NETBIOS).

http://www.speedfactory.net/
http://www.speakeasy.net/

Anyhow, I hope all of you on Bellsloth DSL change providers.  Whether or
not you handle your own mail, the point is that no provider should block
us from using whatever servers or services we have on the net.

Have a great day.
Cary

--
Xilogix - Simply better dedicated servers.
http://www.xilogix.net