[ale] Astaro Linux

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Tue Aug 17 21:35:51 EDT 2004

Hello, all;

Does anyone have any experience with this semi-linux-firewall-thingy distro
??

How about IPCOP ???

I have used Smoothwall for awhile as one of my firewalls and it hates PPPOE
(or at least in my house).  I tried m0n0wall and it won't install to the
point of getting to the web pages - as well as not liking older machines (or
at least in my house).  If anyone else has any comments/experience with any
other security distros then I would appreciate it also.

If Astaro doesn't work then I guess I'll just use FreeBSD or Debian or
Slackware (since the other f/w is OpenBSD).

Greg