[ale] OT: Linksys WRT54G vs. WRT54GS

Vincent Fox vf5 at plm.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 16 13:22:09 EDT 2004

Not at all OT!

We have 6 of these in the HomeParkWiFi.net community wireless.
Cool to telnet or ssh in and have a root shell on an appliance.
I use the SveaSoft Satori 4.0 firmware on them.

I don't view this "SpeedBooster" stuff to be that significant.

However, the GS has double the flash and double the RAM of it's
predecessor the G. For an extra $10 or so it's probably worth it.
More room for expansion.