[ale] OT: bellsouth cuts off port 25 (inbound and outbound)

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Mon Aug 16 11:51:45 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 11:26, Mike Murphy wrote:
> I suppose this could be on-topic, but its not specifically about linux.
> Imagine my surprise today when I found that bellsouth has cut off port
> 25 both inbound and outbound. They were very thorough too, as they have
> also cut off 587 and 465. Is this just me, or or is this all Bellsouth
> subscribers? (in other words, did they decide I was a spammer, or is
> this a global measure)? Has anyone else noticed?
>
> Mike

If this gets out, then I'm not having any problems.

I use postfix relaying thru bellsouth.

     postfix/main.cf:relayhost = [mail.atl.bellsouth.net]

HTH
Greg
--
Greg Freemyer