[ale] Local electric/datacom supply retail stores?

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 15 10:57:36 EDT 2004

1Gb/s (not including overhead) is 125MB/s, so its close, but not faster
(again not including overhead on the PCI Bus) as PCI is 132MB/s IIRC
for 32Bit PCI at 33 MHz.  64Bit PCI at 66MHz would be 4x faster, or
528MB/s so it should be able to handle 4 cards.

Raw PCI bus speeds can be calculated by taking the number
of bytes in the bus (4 for 32 or 8 for 64) and multiplying by the
clock speed, either 33 or 66MHz.  This is raw bus speed, and
I doubt even a burst transfer can sustain that for very long, and
I know for a fact single transfers cannot (this ie because the address
and data lines are multiplexed in PCI).

Mike