[ale] anyone doing LiveCD remastering?

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche bjorn at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Aug 13 11:15:48 EDT 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Preston Boyington wrote:

> I am involved in a couple of remastering projects and was wondering if
> anyone here does the same.  Mainly I am interested in projects that
> people have done using Debian based derivatives (Knoppix/Morphix/etc.).
> Especially with the result being a hard disk install and upgrade.

David Hamm gave a great talk about a year ago at ALE central on
remastering Knoppix. He actually gave his talk off his remastered Knoppix
CD without accessing the HD, which I thought was pretty slick. Perhaps we
could put the talk up at the ALE twikki -- provided it's okay with David?
Otherwise I can send you his OO present file off list, which I think he'd
be fine with.

Ever since that talk, I've been meaning to try it myself, but never got
around to it, partly because of laziness, and partly because I wanted to
wait for them to adopt a 2.6 kernel.

 	bjorn