[ale] Emergency speaker request [ was Ale Central meeting ]

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Aug 11 10:46:34 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 09:34 am, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
> Does anyone know the topic for tomorrow night's meeting?
> It's not on the web page yet.

That's because for the 3rd month in a row our speaker has flaked out on us.
It was supposed to be Novell talking about Linux, but the speaker suddenly
canceled.  I'm looking for an emergency replacement.

Anyone care to volunteer?  Ideas:
  * Favorite app or tool that is under-appreciated
  * Cool distribution (other than RH, Fedora, Debian, SuSE, Slack, Mandrake)
  * Intro to python/ruby/perl/other cool language
  * setting up a blog, or other cool server thingamabob

No topic too small.  If you only have 15 minutes to say, say it.  4
presentations of 15 mins each would be great.

Sorry about this.  I've been trying, really.  Maybe I should stop reminding
speakers until the last minute.  I used to do that and it worked fine.  Now
that I've been giving warning, everyone has found a way out of it.

Michael