[ale] mutt and multiple accounts

Keith Ledford keith-ale at ledfords.us
Tue Aug 10 20:06:13 EDT 2004

I use this combo also for mutt at work. For my domain I am using imap
but it is filtered into mailboxes with qmail before I access it. I do
have a keyboard shortcut that will check the postmaster account on my
domain so you should be able to use the below as a template.

So when I press ctrl-A I get prompted for the postmaster password on
domain.com. I can then get back to my main mailbox by pressing c-!

HTH

<snippet from my muttrc>
mailboxes imaps://postmaster@domain.com/INBOX

macro generic \cA "c\cu imaps://postmaster@domain.com/INBOX\n" "check postmaster"
macro index \cA	 "c\cu imaps://postmaster@domain.com/INBOX\n" "check postmaster"
macro pager \cA	 "c\cu imaps://postmaster@domain.com/INBOX\n" "check postmaster"

* Chris Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> [20040810 10:26]:
> fetchmail -> Procmail -> Mailboxes
>
> Mutt can then read from the Mail box files.
>
> On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 10:14, Preston Boyington wrote:
> > *ahem* hello, my name is preston and i am ignorant on how to use
> > *mutt with multiple accounts.
> >
> > i want to be able to access my various pop3 accounts and keep them
> > separate.  also i want to filter by subject my various e-mail
> > lists and have them sorted into their folders ([ale] would go into
> > my ALE folder and so on).  possibly at a later date i would like
> > to be able to access my archived e-mail from another machine on my
> > network.
> >
> > i picked up a book on Exim and am starting to read it, but does
> > anyone have some suggestions or some examples i can see?
> >
> > thanks folks,
> > Preston

Keith Ledford