[ale] Cool email insight tools?

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Fri Aug 6 12:22:27 EDT 2004

John Wells wrote:
> Keith Hopkins said:
>
>>YOUR imap server, right?  Speed up your access/search by replacing the
>>backend with a database (which you can index as you see fit).  dbmail.org
>>

> This looks interesting...have you been running it for some time?  Any
> problems/caveats?

I've been running it since about April 2003 with a MySQL(Innodb) back end.  I started with v1.0.2 and now run v1.2.8 or so.  I haven't touched 2.0 yet.  I'm really looking forward to a server-side sieve feature that should come into play soon.

Not so many problems with dbmail itself, but Mozilla doesn't interact well with it.  I have not heard too many complaints about using evo/kmail/etc with it.
I just use Moz, and sometimes it is a distraction, but not enough to deter dbmail's use.