[ale] High Tech Open SOurce Solution (yeah right, he said)

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 3 18:09:35 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 16:41, George Carless wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 04:34:12PM -0400, BruceG wrote:
> > Finally had an opportunity to put all this open source goodness to proper
> > use. My son found an old brown lab wandering. Checked her tags - no name,
> > no number, just an expired rabies tag from 2001. Called the vet - they
> > couldn't track the number back.
>
> Hiya,
>
> Just a thought: did your vet check the dog for a microchip?  (RFID?  It's
> even kinda topical! ;))
>
> Good on you for picking up the dog!
> Cheers,
> --George

We haven't checked for microchips yet. Just called the vet to try and track by
the tag, and put up signs. We'll hit our vet in the AM if we don't get any
calls. Funny I didn't even think of checking for a chip - our rescue shelter
beagle has a chip. Hmmmm, wonder if I could have the kids micro-chipped?