[ale] OT: Well it is going to hit the list sooner or later.

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 1 10:55:45 EDT 2004

I do understand your outrage Mike.  I agree that the higher ups might
not have agreed on authorization.  However, the guy really doesn't have
authority on his own to invade the other guy's privacy that way without
risking his job.  Sure, I believe the higher ups ought to have supported
the guy, but legally the sysadmin did not have the right to do what he
did without proper authorization.  If he had done a company wide audit
and passed it on to his superiors then that might have been different.
Just focusing in on one person wasn't a great idea on his part.

Sysadmins do have alot of power and must exercise it with caution, don't
you think?
Dow