[ale] [OT] ACTION ALERT: Vote Fraud -- Legislation to Restore Legitimate Elections to Georgia

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Tue Apr 27 12:46:20 EDT 2004

All,

I have evaluated the Diebold system from a computer security
perspective, including having studied the Johns Hopkins analysis.
In my professional opinion as a computer security professional,
it is far too insecure to be acceptable for a trusted application
such as voting.  Both the Federal government and state governments
that certified it demonstrated incompetence in so doing.

Any single entity -- from a politician to a terrorist -- with a
mere million dollars (far less than election budgets) easily could
completely change the outcome of an election.  While the "hanging
chad" and similar problems could allow an uncertainty of perhaps
0.5% of the votes, an easy compromise of the Diebold system could
alter 100% of the votes with no way even of detecting it!

It should be decertified immediately and replaced with something
known to be secure.

Please do write to Governor Perdue (address at bottom of this email)
and urge him to put critical VVPAT Voting System Upgrade legislation
of SB500 onto the Special

Thanks for your consideration,
Bob Toxen