[ale] (OT) data recovery - show and tell?

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 26 21:25:21 EDT 2004

On Monday 26 April 2004 19:29, Greg Freemyer wrote:

> We use commercial windows software to do data recovery.  I assume that
> is taboo.
>
> OTOH, there is white paper about using linux to do computer forensics of
> linux systems (and data recovery of same) at
>
> http://www.linux-forensics.com/linuxintro-LEFE-2.0.5.pdf
>
> (A big part of computer forensics is the recovery of deleted files and
> file fragments, so there is a lot of relevant info in this paper.)

Greg - that sounds like a lot of fun. I hope you can do it! I've been playing
with the Penguin Sleuth Kit lately, and have also tried out Knoppix-STD and
Local Area Security. I think it would be pretty interesting to do some data
recovery. I'd definately try to come to that presentation. My oldest son (the
non-p*rn surfing one, if you read my previous post) is interested as well.
I'll be watching for your presentation if you decide to do it.