[ale] Mandrake 10.0. was, Dual Boot WinXP Pro + Fedora Core 1

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon Apr 26 14:56:14 EDT 2004

On Friday 23 April 2004 04:44 pm, William Bagwell wrote:
> On Friday 23 April 2004 02:01 pm, Brian Chase wrote:
> > Then load Mandrake 9.2 on it by just booting the first Mandrake CD from
> > the CDROM drive. ?When you go to the Mandrake site, you'll notice that
> > 10.0 is available, but I'm reading of LOTS of bugs. ?
>
> Bugs in final?  Community release is full of minor glitches (I'm running it
> now) it was more widely distributed than Mandrake intended, and  10.0 is
> getting a bad rap because of this.  Final seems to have so few that there
> absence has become a topic of conversation on the usenet group.  Them folks
> will complain about *anything*.  Heh, reminds me of ALE:)

I upgraded my desktop to 10.0 Official last night.  There were a whole bunch
of updates to install afterwards.  But mostly I agree with you.  I've been
running 10.0 Community on my laptop for a while with no complaint.

I haven't played with it much, but it does seem to run faster.  now If I could
just get KDE 3.2.2 for it I'd be in heaven.

Michael