[ale] Load Balancing Across Multiple Interfaces

Drag0n dragon at atlantacon.org
Fri Apr 23 13:39:06 EDT 2004

There are a couple of ways this can be accomplished, depending on the
goals.

If you with to make a high availability server, you use something like
linux-HA
http://www.linux-ha.org/
It will have an ip address for each server and a virtual that it load
balances on.
If you with to do bonding or link aggregation, there are ways mentioned
like etherchannel and supposedly there is something new in the 2.6
kernel.
You mentioned in an e-mail of controlling bandwidth, sounds like you may
me looking at a router or firewall implementation, There you need to
look at Iproute2 and the Linux Advanced Routing and Traffic Control
How-To
http://www.lartc.org/
They even have a section on setting up a firewall with 2 different ISP's

Drag0n