[ale] Thunderbird 0.5 Filter issues

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Fri Apr 23 10:17:04 EDT 2004

Hey all,

I am starting to use Thunderbird 0.5 for my email client.  The issue I
am running to is that my mail filters don't quite work right.

I have 2 rules in one filter for ale. (And it does the same for all
accounts)  If subject contains *****SPAM***** or if subject does not
contain [ale] I want to mark it as read then delete it which sends it to
my Trash folder.  The appropriate mail always goes to the Trash folder
like it is supposed to but they stay unread.

Has anyone experienced this before or have suggestions to what I might
be forgetting?

Thanks,
Rob