[ale] Linux Security

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Wed Apr 21 22:50:46 EDT 2004

If you can take his advice and never procrastinate on security tasks
then you will have gotten the book for free!  All the hours wasted for
practicing the art of procrastination...
Dow

>>> griffisb at bellsouth.net 04/21/04 8:45 PM >>>
I was at the bookstore today, browsing - and saw Bob's book. Wow! That
is REALLY impressive! I've been weighing the pros and cons of continuing
using my Linksys router, or building a nat router /dhcp server /
firewall / transparent proxy server. If my Linksys logs show the need
for it - then I'll definately refer to one specific book out there when
building the Proxy Server. I was impressed! I normally hit the bookstore
sans checkbook and credit card, but think this one definately deserves a
return visit CIH (cash in hand).

Hmmm, I looked at 2 books on Computer Forensics, and then at Bob's.
Would I rather learn how to figure stuff out AFTER it's hacked and
broken, or before?