[ale] (no more) SPAM talk...

William Wylde baron_shatturday at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 21 02:19:54 EDT 2004

Geoffry:

>>Why bother to obfucate at all?  Why not just write a little script that
>>removes the e-mail addresses from the posts in the archive?
>
>Why have an archive?

I think I'm going to drop out of this thread.  It really doesn't matter to
me, anymore.  :-) I'm subbed via a white-list only account, and my personal
spam filters are getting just about every bit sent to my main account, with
very few false positives (gotta love "Thunderbird").

That said, I simply thought the purpose of the archive was to give all and
sundry access to the collective wisdom on the list- no neccessarily direct
access to the members themselves.  I was just proposing what I saw as a
simple solution to what people were complaining about.  However, having read
further in the thread, I can understand your desire to let people get
answers to their questions "directly from the horses mouth"...

(,,oBo,,) "What have I become Lottie?  My wife in a cage with a