[ale] MX Records and Spam

John Clark shogun at 12ftguru.com
Tue Apr 20 14:33:19 EDT 2004

I am currently running a Red Hat 9 Server (Hosted with Server Beach) and
I am trying to find out more information about MX Records.

I ran into a problem last week where I could not email my girlfriend.
BellSouth would reject the email as:

Connected to 205.152.59.32 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550 The sender domain must have a valid MX record.

Okay... So I use Server Beach's tools to add an MX Record, and overnight
my Spam triples. Yikes!

I am a bit of a novice when it come to email (we run Qmail). Can some one
explain to me what is going on in very small words, or perhaps point me
at some relevant articles? Is there any way to fix it?

Thanks,
John Clark