[ale] ipv6 dns requests???

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Tue Apr 20 14:22:42 EDT 2004

Alot of utilities out in the net look for an ipv6 device first by
default so as a result the kernel loads the module.

Geoff, try to rmmod the key then the ipv6.  If that still doesn't work
try and physcially move the ipv6.o module to /root or someplace outside
the tree, depmod -a and reboot.  Keep a rescue (knoppix) cd around just
in case though.

Personally I'd just set up a tunnel and use ipv6.  I've found very
little latency on high priority traffic and running IRC over ipv6
confuses some of the script kiddies.

Thus spake David Hamm (ale at spinnerdog.com):