[ale] (no subject) SPAM talk...

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Apr 19 11:40:53 EDT 2004

Jay Finch wrote:
> Personally I use the Archive to dig up either article links or previous
> conversation threads ... I sometimes remember "Well, I saw this on the ALE
> list" and then can pull up the relevant HOWTO or Cautionary Tale on
> various discussions...
>
> Just my 2 cents.

I was extending logic I found to be flawed.  As someone else noted, I've
received email from folks who have found a posting I've got in the
archive regarding a problem they're having.  I've often done the same,
that is, to send email to a total stranger regarding a posting they have
in an archive.

If you remove the email address from the archive, you're removing a
great part of it's value.