[ale] (no subject) SPAM talk...

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 17 15:19:16 EDT 2004

On Sat, 2004-04-17 at 12:14, Geoffrey wrote:
> Further, if you'll do a search for spam bots that process web pages,
> you'll find a number of tools that process the examples they use in this
> document they claim did not get spam.
>
> So before you suggest someone is not doing the research, I'd suggest you
> make sure the research you site is up to date and/or credible.

I concur.  More people (maybe only 2 at this point) need to do some
reading on SPAM.  90% of the spam that I track these days comes from
addresses gleaned from MS Outlook.  It takes less time and effort to
write an Outlook worm that scarfs email addresses than it takes to crawl
a website.  Plus, the email addresses in someone's Outlook are more up
to date than some mailinglist archive.

-Jim P.