[ale] [OT] earthlink contacts - anybody?

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Wed Apr 14 11:53:45 EDT 2004

Here's the story: my grandmother was a victim of identity theft about a
month after she signed up for an account at earthlink.  She moved up with
my parents and forgot she had the account amidst all the other actually
important stuff you have to deal with when your identity's been stolen.
No clue what the password is.
Naturally the cc she used to sign up has been cancelled.  Now, she never
used the account after the first 2 days when I was testing it, and
certainly not after the 3 month free trial ended...but they sent
collection emails and now a collecitons agency has become involved.

I don't mind paying the bill, but I want to speak to a human being who has
sufficient access to call off the creditors and cancel the account and deal with this
mess.  Does anybody have any contacts at Earthlink who can help
me get this nastiness resolved?  The customer service numbers and other
normal entry points are not doing any good at all.

Thanks, as always
jenn

--
Jenn Taylor
jtaylor at onlinea.com

Obviously, a man's judgement cannot be better than the information on which he
has based it.  Give him the truth and he may still go wrong when he has
the chance to be right, but give him no news or present him only with distorted
and incomplete data, with ignorant, sloppy or biased reporting, with propaganda
and deliberate falsehoods, and you destroy his whole reasoning processes, and
make him something less than a man.
-- Arthur Hays Sulzberger