[ale] Mozilla in Kiosk

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Apr 13 18:45:39 EDT 2004

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Christopher Fowler wrote:
>

>>Has anyone got Mozilla to run at full-screen in a Kiosk like mode?  I do
>>not want any menu bars at the top and I do not want the user to be able
>>to leave full-screen mode.
>

> I've found that after mozilla is on for a really long time it gets a bit
> flaky. What about using twm or other simple window manager and setting the
> options so that the only menu the user gets when clicking on the
> background is "web browser"?

I've not had the problems you speak of above.  I set up a box that was
basically a slideshow using Netscape/Mozilla.  No keyboard, mouse only
so as to shut it down.  Basically you fired it up, Netscape is started
from init and with meta refresh tags, it cycles through these pages
which consist of cute sayings and pictures.

This was for my wife's conference week.  Set it up on Friday, shut it
down the following friday.

The mouse was under cover, and when you selected any button it provided
only a shutdown menu. :)

Beats the hell out of powerpoint!