[ale] ale NW meeting presentation

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Apr 13 07:35:47 EDT 2004

So, I'm thinking of a couple of possibilities for the upcoming meeting.
  A Mandrake 10.0 install and/or review.  I can bring a box with it
pre-installed or install it at the meeting.  What would folks
preferences be?

I can do a quick and dirty presentation on GIMP.  I'm no expert by any
means, but I've learned some tricks and can share them.

Syncing a serial palm via usb with a serial-usb converter.

An overview of SuSE 9.0.

An overview of the Gazelle, a Sony Vaio laptop built by Emperor Linux.

A Slackware install.

A review of the Sun Java desktop, although I'd like to wait until we
have a full version, rather than the demo.  I'm working with Sun on this.

A pdksh presentation, that is, intro to pdksh and why it is the BEST
shell out there. ;)

Okay folks, let me know as soon as possible, so I might put something
together (this evening)!