[ale] [OT] Digital camera fix

Marvin Dickens marvindickens at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 12 00:37:39 EDT 2004

On Sunday 11 April 2004 03:39, Joe Knapka wrote:
> "David S. Jackson" <deepbsd at earthlink.net> writes:

> I have heard that Sony can be really nice about repairing
> broken stuff, though. I'm going to call them and ask nicely.

My two cents: I think your cheapest, most efficent route to
this issue may be ebay. Recently, I hoarked the LCD screen
to my Presario 2570US laptop. It's less than a year old, but since
I'm the one that broke it (Dropped during recent air travel), the fix
would not be covered by warranty. Anyway, I purchased a replacement
LCD screen (New in box with cable) for $210.00 and avoided a repair cost of
over $500.00 (Which, incidentially was the cheapest I was quoted with
the highest around $800.00 by the time I figured in shipping).

Regards

Marvin Dickens