[ale] OT: [Fwd: Full-Disclosure is now ILLEGAL in France ! (Vulnerabilties, Technical details, Exploits ...)]

griffisb at bellsouth.net griffisb at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 9 17:44:16 EDT 2004

> From: Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>
> Subject: [ale] OT: [Fwd: Full-Disclosure is now ILLEGAL in France !
>  (Vulnerabilties, Technical details, Exploits ...)]
>
> Ouch..

Hey, I just downloaded my Local Area Security boot CD to play with yesterday.
Also picked up Penguin Sleuth and Knoppix-STD 0.1. Haven't had time to play
with all the stuff, but had fun checking my own personal stuff out with Nessus,
Cheops and Ethereal. (hmmm, found I have some security issues on a server - but
it isn't open outside my network, found my son is still doing Kazaa after I
spanned a switch port and did some sniffing)

I guess the idea is "what you don't know can't hurt you" in France. I'd rather
know and take preventive measures.