[ale] HOWTO modify hosts.allow on CDROM based distributions ?

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:27:03 EDT 2004

I'm trying to get Mandrake9.2 and Suse90 going on a couple of machines
and need to move some BIG files around and am trying to use ftp.

I find that I'm unable to access the CDROM based installs [using ftp] of
the aforesaid two, getting "connection refused" from a third machine
when I try to ftp into them.

I'm assuming it's because I need to enter the third machine into the
hosts.allow files of the Linuxen. Maybe not.....

Anyway, I can't modify the hosts.allow files 'cause their mounted ro
from CDROMs.

Help appreciated !

--
Courtney Thomas