[ale] Internet connection question

Walter Sams wsams at southernlink.net
Wed Apr 7 12:52:10 EDT 2004

let me try to answer all points in one email   mmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

We have not yet looked into having a business class public isp address, I told
my it guy to keep it simple and cheap so he has not hit on this plan yet--I
will pass it on and we may have to do something like it.

I did try having multiple identies in kmail, but infact the server kicked back
my emails.  I couldnt figure out how to have different user names and
passwords and get them to go through in the right order.  (still working on
that though)

My big problem that I see with using the isp is that the isp needs to be
hosting the web domain.  Currently that is not the case, I have one dsl
provider, another isp and another domain host.  (bad plan, right?)

I am using mandrake 9.1 , kmail 1.5, sendmail is used to handle all of our
email in the office.

>From the posts, it seems as though I need to move to a single source for

internet access and work from there????

I am unfamiliar with setting up my own public ip address, is this a difficult
undertaking?  expensive?

Thanks to all for your assistance.

Walter Sams