[ale] SO vs OO

Marvin Dickens marvindickens at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 5 11:31:43 EDT 2004

On Monday 05 April 2004 09:59, Dow Hurst wrote:

>   I have found for complex documents/posters or documents with
> special fonts and formatting that OOo will not open or save as
> MSWord/Powerpoint correctly. Most of the time I can open up the document or
> poster to get the info I need, but if I have to modify and resend back,
> then I just revert to MSoffice under CXoffice.

All of the MS Word/Powerpoint power users that I know that use Word/Powerpoint
for business purposes won't switch to SO or OO for the reasons you described
above: Complex files generated in MS Word and Powerpoint are  mangled when
displayed in OO and SO.

All of these same people tell me if OO or SO fixed this they would leave the
MS platform like rats jumping from a sinking ship.

Regards

Marvin Dickens