[ale] aic7xxx driver in Debian

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun Apr 4 03:20:03 EDT 2004

A while back I remember that there was a problem with the then current
aic7xxx scsi driver and it was recommended to use aic7xxx_old or
something like that. Does this still hold true? I am starting to have
a lot of hard locks on my Debian Sarge system after some recent updates.
And at every lockup the hdd activity light on the case goes solid on if
that indicates anything at all. Most of the time these lockups occur
when I am not even using the computer. Running kernel 2.4.25 and an
Adaptec 2940UW with 2 scsi disks.

Thanks,

Jim