[ale] Slackware questions for Slackware users

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 29 07:24:15 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 12:33, Drag0n wrote:
> One thing to take in to consideration right now is how long it will take
> to download that iso. Slack9.1 was release 2 days ago and the mirrors
> are all being hammered hard, it might be a week or 2 before a reasonable
> download time may be available again. But the best is worth waiting
> for<g>

Actually, I'm getting it right now, and it's coming down pretty fast.
Of course, I'm not getting it from the main slackware site, or from a
conventional mirror, for that matter.  I'm getting it with BitTorrent...
:-)

I've been getting over 100KBS+ all night long...

I don't think the .iso images are on the regular mirrors yet, btw.  At
least, it's not on the Ga. Tech Mirror- in fact, the highest distro
directory (other than "current") is 9.0...

(,,oBo,,)         |           Wylde  Bill
http://lyst.org   |    wyldechylde at geocities.com

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair,
they mostly married each other.  And here I am." --The Oblongs

                D.E.A. = State Sponsored Terrorism
          Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html