[ale] OT: [Fwd: [EFGA] Funding EFGA]

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Sep 26 10:01:02 EDT 2003

Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> On Friday 26 September 2003 06:05 am, Geoffrey wrote:
> | I'm committing $2,500 of my personal funds to EFGA.
>
> Geoffrey,
> I'm often impressed by folks who are willing to put
> their money where their mouth is. But for those of
> us who don't know, what is EFGA?

Electronics Foundation Georgia, it's patterned after EFF.  Check out
their website: http://www.efga.org/

Robert would actually (I think) welcome volunteers verses money.  He's
an attorney, but does a lot of the support for the website.  I worked
with him a while back and then the EFGA lists went pretty much dormant.
  Mostly because Robert is pretty much the driving force behind EFGA and
he had to focus on other things.  He's not refocusing some energies into
EFGA and I think this is good.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net