[ale] linux and apples

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Thu Sep 25 10:54:14 EDT 2003

On Thursday 25 September 2003 10:42, Stephen Turner wrote:
> linux works on a mac so its really comparing similar apps :D or even
> benchmarking it somehow? does linux have a benchmark tool? :-p

Linux also runs on sparc, but it's not really fair to compare it to
Solaris. Solaris has the home field advantage. The Intel platform is
essentially the only platform where Linux does not have any quirky
proprietary barriers to overcome. I expect this to change on the G5 since
it is an IBM processor that will see plenty of Linux installs on their
pSeries line.

--
Jonathan Rickman
Key ID: 0DF501FF