[ale] Experts: Reliance On Microsoft A Danger To National Security

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 25 10:00:51 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 07:20:45PM -0400, F. Grant Robertson wrote:

Oh, the irony.

The article does make some good points.  I am frankly astounded that a
Microsoft spokesman would actually utter the phrase "We always consider
security to be our absolute top priority" in public.

Maybe I'm just getting cynical, but I predict that the report will get
lots of air time on geek sites like slashdot and newsforge, but will
have absolutely zero effect on aynone who actually makes any of these
decisions.

Jason

P.S.
Please don't start a new thread by replying to a message and changing
the subject.  This messes up the threading for those of us that use
threaded mail readers.  For an example, look at this thread in the
archives: http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/ale-2003-08/threads.html#01942
The thread I'm referring to has the subject "Resize /dev/md0", but
notice that after two responses the subject becomes "web server".  That
message, and its replies, are still a part of the original thread, even
though they clearly have nothing to do with it.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9