[ale] Experts: Reliance On Microsoft A Danger To National Security

Jonathan Glass jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 24 22:20:27 EDT 2003

This gets even more frightening when you consider the fact that M$ has
released the Windows source code to China (and several other countries,
but our own), but when questioned about the source code during their
anti-trust trial stated it would be a risk to national security to release
it because it has so many bugs.  So now the government runs 99.99% of
their machines on a code-base so buggy that M$ won't give it to the US
Gov't for fear of compromising national security, but they will give it to
China to assure that gov't of M$'s good will (and lack of an NSA
backdoor).

Geesh!  Where will this all end?

Jonathan Glass