[ale] Training costs (was ANN: Linux Training Class

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 23 13:24:48 EDT 2003

Okay, roaming off into OT land here - the thread on training costs brings to
mind the Atlanta Cisco Study Group. Basically, it's a group where people
volunteer to lead the study group. There are 2 tracks - one for people
working towards the CCNA, and a second for people working towards a CCNP.
Some team leaders kicked in together to purchase Cisco equipment and cables,
and the training room is donated. Costs for the equipment is made up by
charging a nominal fee for training.

Wonder if there would be interest in Linux certification courses? If a group
would donate learning space, and people would work together towards gaining
certification. I did the CCNA and CCDA self-study. Not sure what Linux certs
would bring to the table (I do networks, not servers). But it might be a good
way to help some people work towards some certification level - don't know if
it makes a difference in job searches.