[ale] Who are the trainers... (was: ANN: Linux Training Class, Atlanta, GA, 13-15 Oct.)

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at itec-co.com
Mon Sep 22 21:44:12 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 16:12, Jonathan Rickman wrote:
>Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:02:32 -0400
>From: Jonathan Rickman <jonathan at xcorps.net>
>Subject: Re: [ale] ANN: Linux Training Class, Atlanta, GA, 13-15 Oct.
>
>On Monday 22 September 2003 15:45, Dylan Northrup wrote:
>
>> I was pointing out that $1000 is a lot of money for an Intro course.
>
>Could you be any more subtle? $1000 is absurd for a 3 day course with
>an instructor that, most likely, nobody has ever heard of. Perhaps
>Crawford would like to share the identity and credentials of the
>individual in question. If this is Joe Average, with a couple of Linux
>boxes at his house, an intro course as this has been described calls
>for $150-300 per person at best. I've given security basics and intro
> to cryptography courses for as little as $50 per person (hell, I've
>done it for free), and while I'm not a Bob Toxen, people have actually
>heard of me. So, who is the instructor Crawford?

Someone who either has the same Linux certifications as myself, if not
more (sorry I do not have the RHCE yet, been busy actually running ITEC
here ;-)  Expect to have it by the end of the year though if that
helps...).

Someone who has been in the training business for quite sometime, even
before the Linux certifications were "an idea".

Someone that has also assisted on various levels with the current Linux
certifications as well as past ones.

Someone up there with John "Maddog" Hall, Tobin Maginnis, and Evan
Leibovitch on the Linux certification realms (knows most of them on a
first name basis).  Question is do most of the ALE folks know those
names (the other two in particular)?

Point being, this is not "Joe Average" with a couple of Linux boxes at
one's house.  ITEC is a professional training and consulting firm that
deals specifically and only with Linux training.  Point is that if you
want a quality Linux training class, yes, you do have to pay some money
for it, though Linux itself is "free".  Point is that ITEC's trainers
are some of the best in the Linux training business.  Point is I could
list my company's instructors names and local people may still not know
his/her names or maybe they have.

Conclusion, you are back were you started.  And yes, ITEC is new to the
Atlanta area for Linux training as well.

Answer, all ITEC's instructors are former SAIR LCI's and LCA's,
including ones that have "trained the trainers" for SAIR (SAIR's TPREP
for those who know of it) that now have LPIC-1's, RHCE's, and probably
an MCT from the "old days".  If you want more, I will ask them if I may
disclose their individual resumes, which I am not custom to doing since
this is a first that ITEC has been put "under the microscope" from a LUG
before.

However, you can see I am pretty open about answering questions and
sharing the details about my company, I just draw the line when it comes
to my employee's privacy to some degree is all, then again who does
not?!? :-)

Sincerely,

Crawford Rainwater
CEO and President
Linux+, LCP, LPIC-1, RHCT

The I.T.E.C. Company
P.M.B. 146
368 South McCaslin Boulevard
Louisville, CO 80027 USA
+1 (303) 604-2550 (voice)
+1 (866) 604-2550 (toll free within the US)
+1 (303) 664-0036 (fax)
http://www.itec-co.com