[ale] waaaaaay In Topic: outkast = RIAA

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Sep 20 18:00:42 EDT 2003

da Black Baron wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-09-20 at 02:03, synco gibraldter wrote:
>
>>On 19 Sep 2003 at 22:54, Kevin Karst wrote:
>>
>>>  Speaker Box is released by Arista, which is part of
>>>the RIAA.  Do you care about that?
>>
>>in what respect would i?
>

> I personally think everybody should boycott buying any CD's from any and
> all RIAA affiliates.

I agree 100%.  I have over 400+ lps and a comparable # of cds.  I've not
bought an RIAA poisioned CD since their inception.  I've bought from
small artists who press with small non-affiliated companies.  I'm also
putting my music funds into converting my existing lp library to cds.

Along those same lines, I'm quite disappointed by those folks I see
posting about their xbox games.  If you truly believe in doing the right
thing, then you just don't buy an xbox, particularily when there are the
alternatives.  If you're putting a game ahead in your priorities, your
priorities are screwed up.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net

Building secure systems inspite of Microsoft...