[ale] upgrading glibcx to glibc2.2.4...........

matty91 at bellsouth.net matty91 at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 20 11:50:57 EDT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Courtney Thomas wrote:

> Sorry, neglected to answer your questions......
>
> FreeBSD 4.3release. I know I'm not up to date but this thing is so
> stable I don't reboot for months and don't upgrade for years usually
> until forced to do so to capture some functionality I won't do without
> any longer.  When I do 'upgrade' I don't really upgrade, I just save old
> necessary data [mine not system] and use a new CD to install from
> scratch. I'd like to upgrade and stay current but it seems quite
> elaborate. I guess once you get a working sequence of commands written
> down it might not be so formidable  looking. Dunno.

Building kernels and "the world" is really easy. Here is my
cheat sheet:

# cvsup -g -L 3 /etc/cvsup/src.conf
# rm -rf /usr/obj/*
# cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
# cp GENERIC OSCAR
# Customize OSCAR or use a prior KERNEL build
# Add IPFILTER/IP STACK options to OSCAR
# cd /usr/src
# make buildworld
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=OSCAR
# make installkernel KERNCONF=OSCAR
# boot to single-usermode (I don't boot to single user mode)
# make installworld
# mergemaster
# sh /dev/MAKEDEV all