[ale] Implmenting PAM

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Sep 18 22:35:18 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 10:26:12PM -0400, Bob Toxen wrote:
> Thanks.  I'm in the preliminary stage of worrying about this for a client.

It seems to me that the many modules available are "half-ass".  If you
read the module page you think  "Damn! this really supports some good
stuff"  Then you read the fine print.  One example is that the RADIUS
module supports accounting only.  What good is accounting if I can't
auth the users I'm accounting.  You'll see some big names on that page
but look at the fine print. There are 2 TACACS modules listed but I
could not get a single one.

I'm looking at Easy LDAP that uses the OpenLDAP api to implement
my LDAP functionality.  However, I may just go straigh with
OpenLDAP and skip haing to add another library to the system.