[ale] OT: Win32 Programming

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 18 11:17:36 EDT 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 11:09:19AM -0400, Pete Hardie wrote:
> <fanning a small ember>
>
> The big problem with Hungarian Notation is that you need to rename a
> variable if you change its type - float to int, or int to string.  That's
> really troublesome.

<more fanning>

That's if you're lucky.  In my experience, global variables, or
variables that are part of structs, are just left as is.  IIRC, one of
the parameters in the WindowProc function definition is misnamed in this
way.  Hmm, wParam maybe (which was changed to a DWORD).  I would have to
dig through the Petzold book to be sure, or some of my old sources
*shudder*.

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9